Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'll tell my little brother that unicorns and dragons do exist. That babies are carefully wrapped up in white bundles which are delivered by great white storks who fly thousands of miles. If we look carefully enough, we'll realize that there are guardian angels placed on earth to watch over us and guide us. That he has to be a good boy so Santa Claus will give him something wonderful during 
Christmas. and so on and so forth.

I think children nowadays grow up too fast. Their parents just dish out the dull, bleak facts of this world to their kids, instead of weaving them shining, dazzling gems of stories. Wouldn't you rather believe in a fantastical, amazing world where anything is possible? I guess you'd probably scoff at this idea, telling me that I'm too naive and idealistic. Well, stories were my best friends when I was a kid. There is still time for him to discover the truth, eventually. Meanwhile, he should be given a chance to view the world with a wide-eyed wonder.

No comments: